Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lean Green Beans



Fresh green beans are such a great spring/summer staple in our house.  These days I feel like the weather is still trying to decide which season it is. I whipped up these tasty green beans from my transitional produce and jarred items I had on hand.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb green beans, washed and stemmed
  • 1 cup sweet grape tomatoes halved
  • 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into small strips
  • 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
  • olive oil
  • salt  and pepper

Make it:
  1. Steam green beans and drain.
  2. In a deep skillet sauté tomatoes and peppers in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Add in drained green beans and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes and serve warm.

If you love green beans (or just food in general) as much as  I do, join in the foodie pen pal phenomenon!  TheLeanGreenBean.com started this great community based activity where you send a package of food to a pen pal and get one back in return! You're assigned a foodie pen pal on the 5th of the month.  Using a budget of 15 bucks you pick foods you think you're pal would love and send out your package by the 15th of the month. Then you blog (or guest blog) to the world about it by the end of the month! It's such a fun idea I can't wait to get started. This month will be my first time participating! Check back to see what I get (and give!).

No comments:

Post a Comment