This is the perfect dessert for a date night at home since you can make them ahead & they will impress your date or guests. I know I don’t usually post on Saturdays but I’m changing it up in the spirit of Valentine’s Day. So if you still haven’t gotten your Valentine a gift yet you still have plenty of time to make these & gift them. He/She will be impressed I promise. If your valentine doesn’t like strawberries try dipping their favorite fruit or even cookies instead!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1-2 cups chocolate (you can use chocolate chips. I used these & they melt & work great!)
- 1 pint strawberries (use these great tips on how to pick the best strawberries)
- Wash & dry the strawberries. Dry them again just to be sure. If the strawberries are wet the chocolate won’t stick to them.
- Heat about an inch or two of water in a pot. Place a glass or metal (heat proof bowl - not plastic) on top of the pot. The water shouldn’t touch the bottom. If it does, pour some out. Bring the water to a boil. Turn the heat off.
- Place the chocolate in the bowl (make sure not to get any water in the actual chocolate). Stir it with a rubber spatula (here's why) as it melts.
- When the chocolate is fully melted. Grab a strawberry by the stem. (if the stem isn’t sturdy insert a wooden skewer or tooth pick. You can even use a fork if you don’t have a tooth pick or skewer.) Carefully dip the strawberry into the chocolate & swirl it around so that all sides are covered.
- Place chocolate on a plate or tray covered with wax paper or parchment paper & let cool. If you want the chocolate to cool & set faster stick them in the fridge.
- Eat off the plate or arrange in a cute box you can pick up at a baking supply store or craft store.