How do you make your spaghetti squash?
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley (plus extra for garnish) I used dried & fresh
- 1 tabelspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Place the whole spaghetti squash in the microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. This will make it easier to cut in half.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise. Scoop out the center with the seeds & discard.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over the cut side of each half. Season with salt & pepper. Place the spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking dish.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the tomato sauce over low heat.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the ricotta, garlic powder, parsley & oregano together.
- Check the squash. Stick a fork in the outside of the spaghetti squash. If it breaks the outside shell super easily you’re done - if not keep cooking until it is (see the photo below for a queue of what to look for).
- Flip the squash over (carefully it will be very hot).
- Spoon half the ricotta cheese mixture into each half.
- Then divide the heated tomato sauce into each half. Mix the sauce with the cheese.
- Top each half with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Set your oven to broil.
- Return the baking dish to the oven. Broil for 2-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it the cheese may burn quickly.
- Broil until the cheese becomes bubbly & golden.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley & serve with a fork!