sweet potatoes (like I did here). These sweet potato chips proved to be a success! Plus, they’re baked, not fried, so you can feel good about eat them. Even better they’re made with only 4 ingredients! I served them with a simple sriracha ketchup but that’s totally optional.
Ingredients for the Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 parts ketchup
- 1 part srirahca
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Using a mandolin slice the potatoes super thin to make small circles. If you don’t have a mandolin use a super sharp knife & some patience.
- Toss the sliced potatoes in a large mixing bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Spread the chips out on two large baking sheets. Don’t over crowd or overlap the chips - they won’t crisp. Just do more batches. (I had to do two batches of two trays).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the chips brown & crisp.
- Let chips cool for a few minutes & then remove from trays with a spatula gently.
- Sprinkle with more salt if so desired.
- Serve immediately or whenever the mood strikes you. Wait until the chips are completely cooled & then store them in an airtight container.
- To make the sriracha ketchup mix the ketchup & sriracha together & serve.