There’s a sushi place up the street from my house that has salMONDAYS. As in they have a salmon promotion on Mondays. (I know today is Thursday by the way.) For the most part salmon (or some kind of fish) is on ‘special’ at our house on Mondays too mainly because we go grocery shopping on Sunday & if we buy fish we either make it the same day or on Monday.
This week I broiled the salmon (like I did here) but spiced things up with some honey & harissa half way through the cooking process. If you like salmon & a little bit of spice this one is for you!
- 3/4 lb salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pre-heat your broiler to high.
- Rub the salmon with olive oil & season with salt & pepper.
- Put prepared either on a sheet pan with a lip (so no oil or other juices drain out into your oven & burn!) or a small brownie pan (that’s what I use) or an oven-safe skillet.
- Broil salmon for 7 minutes.
- In the mean time whisk together the honey & harissa in a small bowl.
- After 7 minutes brush the honey & harissa glaze over the salmon & return to broil until cooked through - about another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or room temperature. I served ours with a side of farro mixed with tomatoes & spinach.