Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thirsty Thursday: Simple Herb-Roasted Tilapia + Wine Pairing


 Thirsty Thursday. Simple Herb-Roasted Tilapia. Wine Pairing.
This week we’re celebrating Thirsty Thursday with vino & Tamara from Bottle Rush! (If you’re detoxing check out this one or this one.)

When I asked Tamara to suggest a wine to pair with this Simple Herb-Roasted Talapia (get the recipe here) here answer was too good not to share verbatim, so here it is:

“I love the Mediterranean flavors you paired with the fish so I selected a wine that I would drink if I was eating it in a sleepy seaside town on the coast of Italy (A girl can dream). Gavi di Gavi.

Aside from Gavi being one of the best kept secrets of Italian white wines it's crisp acidity, almond & minerality notes make it the perfect pairing for oysters or white flaky fish.  

The wine I selected is La Scolca Gavi Di Gavi White label - it's excellent but might be hard to find.  A back up option is the Vigne di San Martino Gavi.”

Are you interested in seeing a specific dish you’ve seen here (or elsewhere) paired with the perfect wine? If so let us know by leaving a comment below.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment