Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Better Home Cooking Basics: #18 Read Recipes All the Way To the End Before You Begin to Bake/Cook

Better Home Cooking Basics: Read Recipes All the Way To the End Before You Begin to Bake/Cook

This tip might sound like something you’d learn on the first day of school - read the directions first but sometimes when there’s photos or you’ve just got your eye of the prize (ahem, Irish Soda Bread) you think you know how it’s going to end so why bother reading it, right? Wrong. This pretty much happened when I made Irish Soda Bread earlier this week. I didn’t read the recipe (that I had handwritten myself so many years ago) & shocked when I read that it had to bake for 80 minutes. Sometimes you have to reserve some of the ingredients for the finish & if you didn’t read ahead you might be all out of said ingredient. Do yourself the favor & read the recipe all the way through before you get into the baking or cooking.

P.S. Happy Birthday Amanda! Thanks so much for your inspiration, support & friendship. I love you GTG!

Check out more better home cooking basic tips here

No comments:

Post a Comment