According to the ground hog we’re in for 6 more weeks of winter, sigh. So crank your ovens & continue winter veggie roasting. This time try these brussel sprouts with a kick (sriracha, lime juice & honey). The original recipe calls for frying the individual leaves - which Itried & failed miserably in the patience department & wanting to clean up after - so I roasted them instead.
recipe adapted from: Merrill Stubbs’ Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Sriracha recipe
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Trim the stem end of the sprouts and gently separate the leaves with your fingers, collecting them in a large bowl. When you reach the heart of the sprout (where it's tough to pry off the remaining leaves), add the heart to the bowl with the leaves.
- Toss prepared brussel sprouts with olive oil & salt.
- Spread a thin layer on a sheet pan & roast for 10-15 or until the leaves re crispy & browned. Remember to leave these in one layer & don’t overcrowd the pan otherwise they’ll steam & you’ll lose the crunch factor.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sriracha, honey & lime juice. Taste & add more sriracha or honey if you like. Set aside.
- Transfer sprouts to a serving bowl. Working quickly, drizzle some of the sauce over the sprouts and toss again to coat lightly. Taste, add more sauce if necessary, and serve immediately, before they wilt!