It's finally feeling like fall out there. We've been eating a lot of squash at our house as of late. It's a real fall like veggie (or is it a fruit? it has seeds so I think it's a fruit). As you know I usually just roast up some squash to keep on hand like I did in this post last week. This time I incorporated butternut squash into a hearty salad with a sweet & spicy oil-free dressing that I will definitely be making again.
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/3 cup butternut squash, roasted & cubed (get recipe here)
- 2-3 cups mixed baby field greens
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 1 tablespoon agave (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Toss pumpkin seeds, feta, tomatoes, chickpeas & butternut squash with the dressing.
- Just before serving toss dressed toppings with the greens & top with sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with extra sriracha for an additional kick!