- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. chilled, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2'' pieces
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4-5 apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- For topping: In a large bowl mix 1 cup whole wheat flour, rolled oats, 2/3 cups brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon & salt together.
- Add in butter & mix in with the dry until it looks crumbly in the size of peas.
- Gently mix in the yogurt until dough forms, be careful not to overmix (read: stop as soon as all the yogurt looks like it has been blended in with the butter & dry ingredient mix).
- For the filling: toss sliced apples, 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, lemon juice & zest together.
- Spoon apple mixture into the bottom of a pie dish or brownie pan or casserole dish deep enough to hold the mixture.
- Tear topping into chunks & spread it on top of apple filling.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until topping is toasted & apples are soft.
- Serve with ice cream for added decadence like this one.