avocado, of course!) after the jump.
- 15 ounce cane black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 4 ounce can rip olives (drained & chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (I added some fresh zest too!)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 8 ounce cream cheese (try tofutti cream cheese it's a great alternative - I did!)
- Mix the first ten ingredients together. Best if you can let this marinate for a few hours or over night but still tasty if serving right away.
- Smear the cream cheese on the bottom of a serving dish in an even layer.
- Arrange avocado slices over the cream cheese, smear to make an even layer.
- Spoon bean mixture on top. Garnish with parsley or sliced green onions or anything green that will make it look pretty. Serve chilled with tortilla chips.