Monday, April 23, 2012

My Wedding Color Palette

This week Chris and I will be celebrating our first year of marriage. [Read: I have blogs scheduled so I can spend some quality time with my husband!]  That being said I thought I'd dedicate this week to how we made our wedding colorful.

As soon as Chris and I got engaged thoughts of the wedding went wild in my head. What time of year? Where? Who would we invite? What would the color scheme be? THE DRESS. THE SHOES. Enough said, I had my work cut out for me.

I started by thinking about colors but couldn't decide.  Then I came across this photo from our first vacation together and as I kept looking at it I realized not only is it one of my favorite photos but  we've got something here - we've got our color palette: red, tiffany's blue & black.

So if your feeling overwhelmed or just clueless about where to start, look back to where it all began. What gave you that warm and fuzzy feeling that got you to actually planning your special day - maybe it was a silly photo or a wine label you saved.  Once you find your warm and fuzzies you'll be on your way.

Tip: I used the eyedropper in photoshop to sample the colors I liked in this photo.  If you don't have photoshop there are some great online sources  here and here for picking your colors out of your photos.  Happy color picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment